Thursday, November 11, 2004

in my arms

I was rocking her back to sleep in my arms this morning. It’s a desperate measure on my part to get a little more sleep. Kind of like a snooze button except you never really know how much more sleep you will get. Today I didn’t fare too badly. After the rocking and crouching beside the crib for what felt like an eternity, I think I managed another 30 minutes. In my arms she nuzzles for a cuddle, her eyes closed, all warm and cosy. She must feel so secure and loved. These are her mothers’ arms. They are my arms. They are gentle, strong and can make her feel better anytime and anywhere. They protect her. I have the arms that will forever make someone happy, comforted and loved. Sometimes she doesn’t even wait to get to me before making a running dive, knowing that my arms will be there to catch her. I’ll always be there to catch her. I guess that’s what being a mother is all about. She will fall and stumble, but no matter what, I’ll be there. Even now, a hug from my own mother melts away the problems I have even for a moment. A mother’s love is forever and I never realized that until, well until I became a mother too.

No comments: