Sunday, February 05, 2006

1994 Weekend

Ah, 1994. Those were good times. This past weekend on 102.1 The Edge they paid tribute to 1994 with what was oh-so-appropriately called 1994 Weekend. They posed the question "What is your favourite album from 1994?" and it got me thinking....there were LOTS of great albums from that year.

Here's what was listed on The Edge and the results from the online poll:

  • NIN - Downward Spiral
  • SOUNDGARDEN - Superunknown
  • OASIS - Definitely Maybe
  • OFFSPRING - Smash
  • BEASTIE BOYS - Ill Communication
  • NIRVANA - unplugged
  • GREEN DAY - dookie

I thought of some more (ok, ok, I googled some more...)

  • Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
  • Weezer - Weezer
  • Beck - Mellow Gold
  • Bush - Sixteen Stone
  • Blur - Parklife
  • Stone Temple Pilots - Purple
  • Tragically Hip - Day for Night

My vote? Who can pick just one? Weezer's aptly named 'blue album' is one of my all time favourites, I also love Beastie Boys, and Sabotage is the greatest video ever. Today, I'll pick Weezer, but I get to change my vote later if I want.

What else happened in 1994: I couldn't remember, so I looked it up

Movies: Speed (geeze, was that '94?) and one of my faves (I hate most movies except this one) Muriels Wedding.

Olympics were in Lillehammer, Norway and Canada won a record number of medals - 13 in total.

John Candy died, BC Lions won the Grey Cup, Buffalo Bills lose the Superbowl to Dallas Cowboys

On TV, ER debuts, so does Friends

And who could forget OJ Simpson and his white Ford Bronco.

Ah, it feels like only yesterday...

No comments: