Thursday, February 02, 2006

Why didn't I think of this?

It's one of those 'mom ideas' that I really should have thought of. I'm smart enough, hip enough but perhaps those two virtues did not work in tandem with each other. I don't even think one knows the other exists. But I digress...

It's called the Family Dance Party and it's being held at the Drake Hotel on Feb. 25 here in Toronto. Some Toronto mom hipsters (see, it should have been me) decided that they didn't want to lose their pre-baby social scene (and trust me, you do) so they came up with a night (or afternoon in this case) for a dance party where you can bring the kids. It's at 2pm, there will be martinis for the adults and milk and cookies for the kids. Parents get to dance, kids can dance. It is going to be fun, I can just feel it! [Editors Note: Unfortunately I will not be at the inaugural Family Dance Party. I'll be on a proper vacation in warm climes. I'll likely need a couple of martinis upon my return, but that's an entirely different story.]

A few other cool things I found to do with kids that I might actually do this Sunday but aren't nearly as cool as the Family Dance Party:
Harbourfront Zoom! Family Sundays
AGO Family Fun

No comments: